Saturday, November 24, 2012
Skyfall Review
Review By: Tim Donaldson
It's now been 4 years since the disappointing mission Quantum of Solace and with 2012 being the 50th anniversary of James Bond I was really wanting to see something special and with Sam Mendes directing I was really looking forward to this instalment. So was it good? Well I put it this way, I am a massive Bond fan and this is now got to be my favourite Bond film yet; so in short it's amazing!
Sam Mendes has really created something different here and has put a new fresh spin on the classic character. Just like Christopher Nolan did in 2008 with The Dark Knight, Mendes has done here by changing the standard rules of Bond films. Everything about this film revolves not around Bond but around M (Judi Dench) and it was great to finally have a Classic feel back in the film. You know what I am talking about when I say classic; all of these stupid gimmicky gadgets that we have seen since about 1990's have all been taken away from the film, the stunts are being done for real and having a film that is more substance over style was nice to see. Also Skyfall's plot is also nice and simple. This really allows us to see a more emotional side of Bond that we have never seen.
Daniel Craig has also Delivered his best performance yet as Bond, Naomie Harris is great and Judi Dench gives a great performance as always. But it was Javier Bardem as the villian Silva who was the stand out. Barden really gives some amazing moments that wow us and at times make you laugh. He really was embracing this villain and giving everything out of his performance.
Also I should mention Adele's Music Number in the opening credit sequence that we have come to know was great, really suited the tone of the movie and had a classic Bond feel. Now you are probably getting sick of me saying the word Classic, but really that what you are getting with Skyfall. It's getting down to the basic's and not letting the action be the be all of the film. Sam Menses has not just created a great Bond film, he has made the best one yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment