Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Life of Pi (Quick Review)
Review By:Tim Donaldson
When Oscar winning Director Ang Lee announced that he was going to make the book Life of Pi into a film people said that it was impossible. How could he film a book that has very little dialog and is mainly a descriptive story. So as fan of the book I was looking forward to seeing how he could pull this off but also scared knowing the background of the book. But I am glade to tell you all that Life of Pi is not only a great film but is a masterpiece of filmmaking.
This film had me leave the theatre mind blown , not only by the story that was being told but also the visuals, this film looks Beautiful in 3D. Ang Lee has really set the standards with 3D and Visuals here and for me it’s the best I have seen since Avatar. For one the animated Bengal Tiger(whose name is Richard Parker)looks so real in this you would swear it was right there. Everything from the way it walks to the emotions in its face look so real. I felt like I had a connection with this animal and I am glad I did because for me he’s the star of the film! There’s also many other animals that we come across and they all look just as amazing as our Tiger friend Richard Parker. Also the story is simple and easy to follow, tho as family friendly this film is young children may be board by this as the underlining meaning of the story is very deep and young children will miss it completely, I would take any child over say 10 or 11. Also note that there is some intense survival themes and some scenes of animal violence that may be too much for young children
This film is sure to be a headline at the Oscars this year and be nominated for many awards. Ang Lee has made a beautiful, fun and surprising masterpiece and is sure to be a classic for many years to come. Now I am reviewing this as a 2012 movie because it was released in America in 2012 and there for this has to be my second favourite film of 2012 (My Favourite being Argo). Life of Pi, an amazing Life to see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment